Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Haunted Apothecary Shelf! boooo


I had a blast making this haunted apothecary shelf.


 look at the difference between this picture and the next one....can you see what has been added?





Peat moss! It makes everything more scary ,(is that correct English  I think not.) 
I started by buying all the unique glassware at a thrift store. Not one was over $2.00. I then bought some Krylon glass spray. I filled up a small spray bottle with 1/2 water, 1/2 white vinegar. Now this is were 2 two people comes in handy, I sprayed the krylon spray and right after Noah sprayed them with the water-vinegar solution. Make sure and do that right after. If you wait it doesn't look as good.

I found some labels on line (I am so sorry, I don't know anything about blogging yet so I don't know how to link you to the site). I then added lots of fun stuff to each bottle and jar. Like jute, wire, I dripped wax on them and modge podged the labels on to give it a milky old look.


I added crepe paper to. My modge podge mixture is 1/2 glue, 1/2 water, it works great. 

I then ripped up some cheese cloth and sprayed it with scrape book walnut ink spray. This worked great.

Be sure and let it dry good in the sun so the color sets. You don't want it coming off on your shelf.

Just slice threw with scissors then pull on the strings to give it an old tattered look.


Then set up your shelf. Be sure and stagger the heights.  From short to tall, never going in any given order. 

OK I got done and I just didn't love it-at all. Something was wrong and kind of blaa about it.


See.....blaaa


Then all I did was add the peat moss. I can't believe the difference! I love it!




I had so much fun doing this shelf! I love the mercury glass, and how creepy it looks. 


something else I added peat moss too, see it's awesome! Creepy-awesome!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment