Thursday, September 20, 2012

Halloween Decorating!

How to make a fun Halloween craft out of a thrift store find!?
Start with a $4.00 thrift store thingy? I removed the clock face then sanded it lightly. Grab a can of black spray paint and start painting.
                           
 This is when Noah, my 8year old, begged to help...So why not? I taught her the art of spray painting, which is spray lightly and let dry between coats. Don't spray to close and relax-no worries!
She did awesome and now my job as a mother is complete-my daughter knows how to spray paint!

 Now the fun part, be creative! I made a 1/3 lollie.  Just tore a page out of an old paperback book, folded like a fan, then folded the fan in half and tada ...a 1/3 lollie. A full lollie is 3- 1/3 lollies glued together. I also bought some sculls at TJ max(my favorite store) and printed out a creepy lady and cut her out.
I sprayed some adhesive glue and dusted the whole thing with glitter, especially the rosette, (glitter makes everything look more magical).
  
I cut this bat out and modge podged it to the clock face using my 1 part water to 1 part glue, works great! I also modge podged the scary lady to make it more 3 dimensional-scary!
Then I started adding some fun things like shredded paper,the lollies, sculls stacked and glued, an old wooden cat...you can do anything you want-get your creative juices flowing! I love how it turned out! Noah thinks it's pretty great too!


No comments:

Post a Comment