Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Halloween Wreath fun!


This is a quick cute wreath to make!
It looks so huge and just ....
FUN!

Start with  a hoop any size, this is a 14in cheep

 wooden hoop. I have black pipe cleaners cut 
in thirds.

Then get your mesh ribbon burlap, it's 21 inches wide

and 10 ft long. I used black, orange, copper,
purple, yellow and orange and black plaid,
but you could use just 3 colors if you wanted.
I marked 12 inches and started cutting.

If you layer it is a lot faster!

Grab it in the middle and fold it around the wooden hoop.

Just like this-easy.

Twist it secure with a pipe cleaner.

Now I did a pattern, one black in between two colored. You can do this any way you like, but I like the  black to be more dominant. Push it tight and make sure you twist your twists tight and secure.When you get all the way around it just fluff and smush until it looks just right!

I added a spider just for fun!

What I love about this is it can handle the outdoors,  it's a plastic kind of stuff and water, sleet, snow nor ice will hurt it . So on my front door it will hang. Check back in and see how it looks when I have my whole front porch done!






No comments:

Post a Comment